THE COLLINS HF-2050 HIGH PERFORMANCE VLF/LF/MF/HF RECEIVER
The Collins HF-2050 is the latest in a long line of state-of-the-art hf communications equipment. Introducing Digital Signal Processing techniques to the hf communications market, the HF-2050 Receiver provides superior performance, high reliability, and operational flexibility not found in contemporary receivers.
The HF-2050 Receiver is small in size (5.25 inches in height). The key pad and interactive display have been designed to provide the operator with quick access to all operating parameters of the receiver. Immediate recall of 30 preset operating channels is at the fingertips of the operator.
Hardware intensive amplifiers, filters, and control loops have been replaced with digital signal processing using large scale integrated circuits (LSI), resulting in accurate and stable performance. First line maintenance levels are easily accomplished with the Built-In-Test Equipment (BITE) which isolates faults to the module level. The simplicity of digital signal processing circuitry facilitates fault isolation to functional circuits with the use of extensive auxilary test equipment.
Front-end linearity is enhanced by the high performance front-end (+25 dBm third order intercept) and ultralow noise synthesizer. Optional features such as noise blanker, independent sideband, and high stability frequency standard are available to complement the superior performance of the HF-2050 Receiver.
The following is a brief summary of the outstanding features:
- Digital signal processing technology.
- Compact 5.25-inch panel height.
- Frequency range of 14 kHz to 29.99999 MHz in 10-Hz increments.
- Microprocessor, key pad, and alphanumeric display control and monitor all receiver functions.
- Frequency selection from the key pad or rate sensitive tuning control.
- 30 preset channels.
- Digital BFO (+/- 4.00 kHz, 10 Hz increments.
- Built-In Test Equipment (BITE) for fault isolation to the module level.
- 5000 hour Mean-Time-Between-Failure (MTBF) in ground fixed environment (predicted)
- 30 minute Mean-Time-To-Repair (MTTR) to the module level.
- Selectable if bandwidths (quantity 5) with low delay distortion.
- 100 preset channels.
- High performance frequency standard.
- Independent sideband.
- Noise blanker with adjustable threshold.
- Voice squelch with front panel adjustable threshold.
- Remote control interface (RS-232 or RS-422)
- Ability to scan preset channels or frequency bands.
- 1-Hz tuning rate.
- Dedicated input/output port for external ancillary equipment.
- Slide/tilt mechanism.
- Desk top case.