Rod Blocksome’s Collins Surveys
Rod Blocksome K0DAS has been a Collins user and design engineer for Rockwell Collins for many years. Rod’s survey’s have contributed a wealth of interesting Collins information about the history of serial numbers, production numbers, design changes, and quantities built for many Collins radios. The success of Rod’s surveys are dependent on feedback from all Collins users, so if you can provide any additional information to the surveys listed below or would like to help gather and collate data for future Collins survey’s, please contact Rod at email@example.com.
- Scarce S/Line Units
- 32S-3A Transmitter
- KWM-1 Transceiver
- 32V-1/2/3 Transmitters
- 75A-1/2/3/2A Receivers
- KWM-2/2A Transceiver
- 51J-( ) R388/A Receivers
WHERE DO WE GO NEXT?
- More 75A-4 data to better define Canadian build
- Collect more data on KWM-2/2A to better define:
- missing serial number blocks
- scrambling methodology
- total production numbers
- Collect 70K-2 PTO serial numbers to clarify KWM-2/2A and S/Line units
- Need info on R-388A Receivers
- Survey other Collins models
There is still a lot more information to uncover!
The CCA will continue to publish Collins surveys on this web site as they become available.
Viewing and printing of CCA Portable Document Format (.pdf) files requires that you obtain and install Acrobat Reader from Adobe, Inc. Acrobat Reader can be downloaded for FREE via Adobe’s web site. Once you’ve downloaded and installed Acrobat Reader, you can click on any of the CCA’s .pdf file links below to view, save or print the document.
- ARCHIVES HOME
- CCA COLLINS TECHNICAL ARCHIVES
- Amateur Service Agency Bulletins
- Collins 1959 and 1964 General Catalog
- Collins Radio Company "Collins Signals" from the 1930's
- Collins Radio Equipment Manuals
- Collins Radio Service Bulletins and Information Letters
- Fundamentals of Single Side Band
- Rod Blocksome's Collins Surveys
- CCA COLLINS HISTORICAL ARCHIVES
- Company History
- The Equipment of Collins Radio
- The People of Collins Radio